Is There a Difference in Certified Pre-Owned Programs?
Yes, there is a difference. With the increased popularity of certified vehicles, there has been an increase in the number of ‘certified’ vehicle programs available to consumers. This can lead to confusion over what the term ‘certified’ really means. How do different ‘certified’ programs compare?
All Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles are backed by Hyundai Motor America (HMA) and include the remainder of the 10-Year / 100,000 Mile CPO Powertrain Limited Warranty3/4. Hyundai CPO vehicles are inspected by technicians at Hyundai dealerships to a 150-point2 standard specified by Hyundai. Only HMA can offer a powertrain limited warranty on a Hyundai CPO vehicle. Repair service is available nationwide through any authorized Hyundai dealership in the United States.
Additional benefits of Hyundai CPO ownership include: a no-charge CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ 10-Year / Unlimited Mile roadside assistance; rental car and travel interruption reimbursement; special financing rates through Hyundai Motor Finance; and 3-month of no-charge SiriusXM® Satellite Radio "All-Access" Trial.
Third Party ‘Certified’
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a 3rd party company (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the 3rd party company under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a particular dealer (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the dealer under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Compare the type of vehicle certification programs in the included table.
- 2011 and 2012 Model Year Sonata eligibility extended to less than 80,000 miles.
- 154-point inspection with Sonata Hybrid; 166-point inspection with Equus.
- From original in service date and zero (0) miles.
- $50 deductible per repair visit applies.
- Example of 3rd party certified programs include Motor Trend Certified, NIADA Certified Pre-Owned, CarMark Certified, Q Certified, Payless Assurance and others. Dealer certified vehicles are backed by the individual dealer, not the manufacturer. A used Hyundai is not Certified under any program.